AMG Comment Policy
So you’re now enjoying on reading a story or post here at one of our websites? And you want to share your thoughts about it, right?
AstPro Media Group (AMG) allows everybody to express their opinions and sentiments freely, since we want everyone to feel at home posting comments on our websites. That’s why we’ve integrated Disqus into our comments section instead of Facebook comments, enabling everyone to give their own sentiments, even without making an account.
We don’t know what your home is like, but we know how we expect people to behave when they visit ours.
Of course, as homeowners, we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here healthy and substantial.
The primary house rule is simple: Don’t be a jerk.
Here’s what we like to see in comments:
- Don’t feed the trolls. Downvote and flag comments instead so that we can (admins and moderators) see if it is something offensive to the community so that we can remove it.
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story. Be the one who can expand more discussions and responses from the community.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it. There’s no need to be angry about it. We’re humans, too, and not like Aji 3.
While we let anyone to comment down on our posts, we’re going to do our best to curtail / ban comments like:
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Don’t just base on the title. READ THE DAMN ARTICLE FOLKS BEFORE COMMENTING. Reasons such as ‘free data’ and out of context doesn’t apply. You already reached the comment section, so don’t us.
- Comments that are completely out of nowhere. While some discussions might steer off a bit, sometimes it is still related to the original subject – that’s fine. However, hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. While we love seeing innovative solutions to poverty and world peace here at AMG, the comment sections are not a space for advertisements. Got a good pitch and want us to share it? Send it through our contact page, or advertise with us.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters. We don’t see this funny at all, so please, don’t.
- Any form of threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Since we want the community to be healthy as possible as you want your body to be, all forms of threats, even sarcastic ones, aren’t allowed. Heated discussions mostly starts here and if outgrown, could lead to unlawful, below the belt as well as cybercrime law violations. Don’t get jailed because of commenting online – yes, that’s now possible. Don’t say we didn’t warn you, as well.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Call us the PC Police, fine, but don’t say we didn’t warn you when your comment was removed or you have been banned.
- Trolling. Don’t be a troll – you’re not welcome here.
In line of this page, we aren’t sending any further warnings to commenters who omit these said offenses above, as this page serves to be the warning and a link to this policy is displayed in all the comments-enabled section of the website(s).